I'm not sure if this is an issue with my setup or a limitation of my
system.

I'm running Rivendell 3.6.1 compiled from source on Ubuntu 18.04

I tried to import a 4 hour long mp3 and it claimed to import
successfully, but when I looked it had stopped at the 37 minute mark in
the file.

I have previously had luck importing 3 hour long files with with
normalize on, but this is the first time I've tried a 4 hour long file.
I don't know if this is a limitation on the system or something timing
out.  I did check my Apache setup and I've got the timeout set to 1200
(20 minutes).  The system stopped importing after about 10 minutes,
claiming  it was done.  I did try increasing the timeout to 1800 (30
mins) but I ended up with the same result.

I also tried converting the file to a .wav file first, but ran into the
same result.

My work around is to create 2 carts and split the file into 2 hour
blocks.  Then just schedule one after the other.  I imagine this is
likely a very specific situation, I would not imagine that many others
have tried importing 4 hour long audio files.

Anyways, thought I'd bring it to the attention of the list, it is
entirely possible that this is just a limitation.

Thanks,

Lorne Tyndale