Sure, but none of these are use-cases where the (infection vector) office
machine would need read/write access to the *audio* files in /var/snd on a
Rivendell box, or the ability to *write* to the Rivendell DB, or access to
home dirs & SSH keys on a Rivendell machine, or access to the backups.
Maybe you wouldn't use VLANs in this case, but there are certainly robust
access controls for SSH, NFS, Samba, etc. that can be used to stop your
average "smash and grab" style data vandal from c99'ing or maliciously
keying your Rivendell machines. If you view your systems through the lense
of PoLP (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_privilege), you
end up light years ahead of many broadcast facilities, unfortunately.