For CD programs (now very few), we don't use a completely automated
process. We use a dropbox that points to a transfer folder where the audio
is placed and specifies one cart for a daily program such as "Ted Watson"
so all of the daily audio loads in as various cuts. Once imported for the
month, we go to the cart in Riv and set up the valid play dates on each
cut. That's less automated but easy for our staff to do.

For other programs that can be automatically downloaded, I use a script
that gets them, specifies the cart number and adds the valid dates to each
cut. I find that RDCatch works best for FTP sites, especially where the
programs include some sort of date code in the file name that you can use
to specify the playout date.

I hope that makes sense.

Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150