On Feb 12, 2022, at 00:49, Gavin Stephens <ga...@stephens.net.nz> wrote:

> Under audio ports in rdadmin, what exactly is the ref level setting, or more
> specifically what does this do?
>
> The output on my ASI5111 Rev.F card seems to be a bit low on the RD box. So I
> decided to plug a multi-meter in to one of the outputs while playing a test
> file with a 400Hz tone with it's peak at -20dBFS. This card is suppose to
> output +24dBu max (the Rev.F) so I should be getting a nominal output which I
> assume would be around 1.228V RMS from that test file.

The 'reference level’ (the ‘0’ level on the meters) in Rivendell’s audio files
is -16 dBFS. The ‘Ref. Level’ controls in the ‘ASI Audio Ports’ dialog indicate
the level (in dBm) of a steady-state tone recorded at the reference level on an
analog ASI card output.

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |