On Apr 26, 2022, at 09:10, Rob Landry <41001...@interpring.com> wrote:

> The solution: hard-code the IP address and port number into the Python
> script. Works like a charm.
>
> I still have no idea why it's not reading these things from the config file.
> Comparing this script with the others, they all get these thinsg though the
> same mechanism. Sauce for the goose ought to be sauce for the gander, but for
> some reason it's not.

Are you launching this via RDAdmin->ManageHosts->host_entry->PyPADInstances? If
so, then there is no actual ‘config file’, just an entry in the
‘PYPAD_INSTANCES’ table in the DB (the configuration data lives in the ‘CONFIG’
field).

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |