Agreed. We’re probably not buying much in that C code except a lot more code
for the same thing.

I’m like Massimo in that almost all of my recent projects have consisted of a
single index.rvt in some directory along with a mod_rewrite call to that file
to route the request. I didn’t use the various script declarations, I just put
a call out in that file, but it’s the same idea. Mine looks something like this:

<? ss::page::route_request ?>

And then all the magic happens. :)