Hello,

since upgrading RKHunter to the current version 1.3.0 i got multiple new
warning messages on my FreeBSD box. I was able to get rid of many of
them by using whitelists etc. But for some of them is have no clue how
do suppress them.

Can anyone give me a hint how to suppress the following messages:

/usr/bin/whatis   [ Warning ]
Warning: The command '/usr/bin/whatis' has been replaced by a script:
/usr/bin/whatis: Bourne shell script text executable

Info: Starting test name 'possible_rkt_strings'
Warning: Checking for possible rootkit strings  [ Warning ]
No system startup files found.

-> Why is this resulting in a warning if no startup file was found?

Info: Starting test name 'startup_malware'
   Checking for local startup files   [ Warning ]
Warning: No local startup files found.
   Checking local startup files for malware   [ Skipped ]
Warning: No local startup files found.

-> Why is this resulting in a warning if no local startup file was found?

Info: Rkhunter option ALLOW_SSH_ROOT_USER set to 'no'.
   Checking if SSH root access is allowed          [ Warning ]
Warning: The SSH configuration option 'PermitRootLogin' has not been set.
The default value may be 'yes', to allow root access.
   Checking if SSH protocol v1 is allowed          [ Warning ]
Warning: The SSH configuration option 'Protocol' has not been set.
   The default value may be '2,1', to allow the use of protocol v1.

-> The default configuration in FreeBSD is already what RKHunter is
checking for. Even if a add these settings to the /etc/ssh/ss_config
file the message is still the same.

Thank you for any advice,
Thomas