On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 03:23 -0400, Mark Misulich wrote:
> Hi,
> I have used rkhunter for some time, I am currently on version 1.3.2.  I
> receive this  warning after installation:
>
>  Checking if SSH root access is allowed                   [ Warning ]
>
> I modify the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file to the following:
>
> PermitRootLogin no
>
> And I have restarted the sshd service:
>
> /etc/init.d/sshd restart
>
> After this I still receive the warning:
>
> Checking if SSH root access is allowed                   [ Warning]
>
> Can anyone tell me why this is?  I am running Opensuse 10.3

Look in the rkhunter log file. It should say what your RKH config file
is set to, and what your SSH config file is set to. As already
mentioned, the two need to be set the same.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839