On 10-04-19 12:07 PM, Ralph Seward wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> A couple of days ago I began receiving the following warning from
> RKHunter from one of my servers running Ubintu:
>
> Warning: The file properties have changed:
>         File: /usr/bin/sudo

Ubuntu has recently updated the sudo package.
e.g.
  ==> sudo zgrep sudo dpkg.log*
  dpkg.log.2.gz:2010-03-05 09:03:45 upgrade sudo 1.6.9p10-1ubuntu3.5
1.6.9p10-1ubuntu3.6

On my machines however rkhunter --propupd is run when that happens, so
no intervention is required on my part. Not sure what combination of
things would make that not happen for you.

It's also interesting your two machines have different hashes for that
file. Different releases etc? I'd find a known good one to compare to
before I ran --propupd

Brian