Hi,
I have the following options set in rkhunter 1.3.6

LOGFILE=/var/log/rkhunter.log
APPEND_LOG=1
COPY_LOG_ON_ERROR=1
USE_SYSLOG=authpriv.warning
ALLOW_SYSLOG_REMOTE_LOGGING=1

My crontab -l looks like this:
0 10 * * * /usr/bin/rkhunter --update
5 10 * * * /usr/bin/rkhunter --cronjob

I am getting rkhunter --update messages in the syslog but not the --cronjob.

I haven't seen any documentation that would keep local log file settings from
sending the logs to SYSLOG.  Is there something I missed in the man pages?

Thanks,
James

My syslog looks like this:

# The authpriv file has restricted access.
authpriv.*                                              /var/log/secure

# Log all the mail messages in one place.
mail.*                                                  -/var/log/maillog

# Log cron stuff
cron.*                                                  /var/log/cron

# Everybody gets emergency messages
*.emerg                                                 *

# Save news errors of level crit and higher in a special file.
uucp,news.crit                                          /var/log/spooler

# Save boot messages also to boot.log
local7.*                                                /var/log/boot.log

# To centralized syslog
*.*                                                     @logs.example.com