On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 03:05:01 +0100 JohnSmith <for-gm...@amitrader.com> wrote:

> In my Debian 6 (Squeeze) suddenly Alt-PrintScreen is no more working.
> It normally starts the screenshot utility to make a screenshot of the active
> window.
> In System/Preferences/KeyboardShortcuts one can see and
> redefine the key combination, BUT: Alt-PrintScreen isn't accepted,
> but other key combinations like Ctrl-Print are, and it works ok.
> Now, I wonder why Alt-PrintScreen is no more possible.

Why do you ask here, and not in some Debian or Gnome list?
BTW, Alt+SysRq (i.e. PrtScr) may be used by Linux kernel, see /etc/sysctl.conf:

# Controls the System Request debugging functionality of the kernel
kernel.sysrq = 1

For example, you can press Alt+SysRq+S to sync filesystems.

> Could it be that maybe a rootkit or something has grabbed it?...  :-)
> Can rkhunter help here?

Do you really think a rootkit would disable some gui shortcut? :)

Regards,
Nerijus