On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 13:16 +0100, unsp...@hushmail.com wrote:
> Hello Kevin,
>
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 00:43:31 +0100 Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com>
> wrote:
> >Is there any way to get that whitelisted or are their any plans to
> >somehow allow files/directories with spaces in the various config
> parameters?
>
> On 07/30/2010 John patched RKH (RTKT_FILE_WHITELIST) for file or
> directory names containing a space (use percent character instead).
> I have to check if that goes for ALLOWDEVFILE as well.

No, it doesn't. RKH generally doesn't support files with spaces in too
well, which is obviously a pity since rogue files may well contain a
space! In some cases we have used a '%' to replace a space, but this
obviously could lead to problems for files with a genuine '%' character
in them. A solution (generally) would be to treat the lists of filenames
as newline delimited, but that would then mean that users would have to
enter each file on a separate line in the config file (whereas at
present they can use space-separated lists).

In answer to Kevin, as far as I can tell it is not possible to include a
filename with a space in it in the ALLOWDEVFILE option.

John

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001