Hello Al,

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 01:02:13 +0100 "Al Varnell" <alvarn...@mac.com>
wrote:
>I’m getting what I believe to be a False Positive with the OS X
version of Macs Fan Control
><http://www.crystalidea.com/macs-fan-control>. The specific file
is located at:
>Macs Fan
Control.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore
>RKH_libkeyutils.so.1.9-v1 FOUND
>
>>From looking at the strings in the file and the signature it
>would appear that embedded words in the file match sub signatures
>6, 7 & 8.

Please note the sigs are prone to have false positives. They should
only be run against specific targets if other attributes (hash, MAC
times, size, log alerts, adjacent files) warrant it. It's more of a
second opinion thing and not something to just run indiscriminately
against file system contents as part of a regular check. Other than
that it's good to remain vigilant but I haven't encountered a
"libkeyutils.so" situation with Mac OS X yet. Finally: thanks, as I
haven't had the chance to run those sigs against Mac OS X.

Regards,
unSpawn
---