On Tue, 2018-05-15 at 22:30 -0700, Christian Kujau wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2018, Mark Misulich wrote:
> > linux-2b8:/home/lx1/Downloads/rkhunter-1.4.6 # rkhunter --propupd
> > If 'rkhunter' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup
> > the
>
> It seems "rkhunter" is not in your PATH. If it's installed in
> /usr/local/bin/rkhunter, then /usr/local/bin should be included in
> your
> PATH. See:
>
> $ PATH=/does/not/exist ls
> bash: ls: command not found
>
> $ PATH=/bin ls
> files  installer.sh
>
> C.

Hi Conrad,
thanks for your reply.  I don't wish to seem dense, but I have
no IT training. I have installed rkhunter with the installation
script as I have in the past, but now it isn't starting.  Since
it installs automatically with a script, I reason that script
should have provided the instructions for the path to start the
program as it has in the past. I don't understand what is
different now that it is preventing it from starting, why the
path isn't automatically there as after previous installations,
and how to fix "the path" to make rkhunter start.

All that to say that your reply might lead to an intuitive course
of action for others, it doesn't for me and I will need a more
step-by-step plan to fix the problem. Is it possible that
rkhunter is installing correctly, and that something that gets
modified in the operating system when rkhunter was installed
previously is now preventing the program from starting?  Don't
know, just a wild shot that I thought I would ask about.

Thanks,

Mark