2019-08-09 12:18, John Horne rašė:
On Thu, 2019-08-08 at 21:49 +0000, Richard Shelquist wrote:
I'm getting an ssh warning from rkhunter, even though the sshd and rkhunter
options for root login are both set to "no". My server is running Centos
7.6.1810 with rkhunter 1.4.6.

The system started with sshd and rkhunter root login options set to "yes",
and I was not receiving any error message. But then when server setup was
complete, I switched both of the root login options to "no" and that is when
the warnings began.

Here are grep results which verify that the sshd and rkhunter config settings
are both set to "no":

$grep PermitRootLogin /etc/ssh/sshd_config
PermitRootLogin no

You need the equal sign (=) in there.
PermitRootLogin=no

Not really, PermitRootLogin no works OK. Actually there are no "=" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config
except line # This sshd was compiled with PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin

Regards,
Nerijus