meik michalke wrote:
> i ran into problems building a .deb package on kubuntu 7.10:
>
> <snip>
> dh_shlibdeps -- --ignore-missing-info
> dpkg-shlibdeps: unknown option `--ignore-missing-info'

[...]

> could it be that the missing option was introduced with dpkg-shlibdeps
> 1.14.7,
> while kubuntu still ships 1.14.5?

Ouch, yes, that's likely to be the problem (can't investigate in detail
right now). Unfortunately, here, this option is needed, as the build
will fail, otherwise (info on libR.so can not be retrieved, and the new
dpkg-shlibdeps considers that to be a fatal error without this option).

> what do you recommend, remove the option from rules?

I guess it's the only way. Any suggestions on how the rules could be
modified so that it will work with both versions of dpkg-shlibdeps would
be much appreciated.

Regards
Thomas