Hi,

[moving to -devel list]

On Sunday 26 April 2009, Richard Bair wrote:
> 3) Thanks!!!  This appears to be working...  I read the warning for KDE4 in
> the 0.5.0x series but I though 0.4.9a was KDE3 based.

glad to hear it works.

But you still needed to remove the Rdevices.h include line? I must admit I
fail to see, why this does not work. Rdevices.h should only be included for R
versions before 2.7.0, and omitted afterwards. I was guessing at a wrong set
of R includes being used, but your ./configure output looks correct. Also, if
your R version was not detected correctly, the fix for the R 2.9 issue would
not have worked, either.

The lines in question are

#include "Rversion.h"

#if (R_VERSION > R_Version(2, 6, 9))
#define R_2_7
#endif

#ifndef R_2_7
#       include "Rdevices.h"
#endif

in rembedinternal.cpp. Can anybody tell me, why apparently this does not work
on some systems? Does anybody else see this problem?

Regards
Thomas