I think I know the answer to this, but I'd like to confirm - Is there a way to
craft a migration policy that would simply move files to a new location within
the bounds of a single file system?

Given the files /scratch/A, /scratch/B, /scratch/C, file C is flagged for
migration due to age (>130d).  Migrate /scratch/C to /scratch/.purged/scratch/C
(preserving the directory structure in /scratch/.purged)?

The idea being an attempt to soften the blow of an initial purge on inattentive
robinhood-support mailing list