Ok, I guess it's not really a robot, but metacrawler does connect to
sites such as altavista.com and masquerade as a client -- somewhat
similar to what robots do.

I've always been curious -- why doesn't altavista block access from
the IP's owned by metacrawler.com? Metacrawler slows down altavista,
and they don't make any money from banner ads (since metacrawler
strips the banner ads off of the pages returned by altavista).

  - aj

--
"Nobody has any 'Rights'. We are entitled only to Liberties"
Adam Megacz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- for current phone/postal, see