Klaus Johannes Rusch wrote:
[truncated]
> However, a URL with a question mark is not necessarily personalized
> or highly dynamic, and a URL without a question mark is not necessarily
> constant and static, so I would not recommend basing the indexing
> decision solely on the URL format.
>
> For example, Domino servers often reference pages which are generated
> dynamically from a Notes database but do not necessarily change very
> frequently with /database.nsf/somestring?OpenDocument

OK, so in sites that you don't know what they have you cannot make
decisions about this. In this case come the next question: it would
be reasoneable to leave out all the dynamically created web pages
(scripts, programs accessing databases, etc. every link with a
question mark) of a global indexing (not just one site)?
I see no reason for indexing web pages created from data coming from
a database. Two problems I see on this: a) you can expect big volumes
of data (HTML web pages) probably with almost the same information
except for certain fields. b) why indexing something that is already
indexed (a database) in another place. I'd prefer to save disk space
to web pages already created so you can expect not much change.

Thanks you for your answer

---sram
     "Don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean!" --Feynman
Salvador Ramirez Flandes        PROFC, Universidad de Concepcion, CHILE
http://www.profc.udec.cl/~sram                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]