Form: Reply
Text: (61 lines follow)
Hello IRDG
The last time this group brainstormed a problem in the pipelines the HTTP/1.1
codes were updated with 303 and 307. It was early 1997 when a problem was
reported here in this group about pipelining http and it was first verified
here.  That discussion sparked communications to the individuals covering the
http specification. Soon new codes were added to the specification and word
of the update delivered world wide.  Within a very short order the problems
where fixed on a global scale.   The assumptions that were causing problems
were cleared up and http was made better by having clearer definitions in the
handling codes.   All software developers encoding the HTTP/1.1 operation had
a clearer understanding of what to do and when to do it.   This made the
lives of other developers and support people a few magnitudes easier when the
topic was covered again.

Since{thank you}'s are better late that never:

On behave of the world I thank this group for starting that process. Well
done.

To the worlds developers that applied the changes to support the corrective:
Thanks again.

I am with Mihai Preda in her hope that the Internet robots discussion group
(IRDG) can and will again effect change on that scale.   It is why I read
this group.

-Thomas Kay
Information Technology Solutions
Human Resources Development