On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Alan Perkins wrote:
> Here's a question to test whether the list is alive and active...

  I have a feeling the bandwidth and other resources of web sites have
gone up so much that really robots do not pose a DoS threat any more. "Hit
me as hard as you like as long as I am in your index."  It is spam and
viri that steal the attention and are orders of magnitude worse problems
for everybody.

  So, apparently, all problems of robots were solved, and discussion died
away.  But no need to rush closing the list, in case at some point
something new appears.

Jaakko

--
Foreca Ltd                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland     http://www.foreca.com