There are built in methods/objects for dealing with both cookies and http
authencation. It can even handle x509 cert.

see
HttpWebRequest.Credentials
HttpWebRequest.ClientCertificates
HttpWebRequest.CookieContainer

So if you wanted to simulate a session, you'd have to hold onto an instance of a
cookie container, and make sure that you use that container for every request.

HTH
Erick