>i'm trying to get DLAT to work within the ctdlphp code, so we have a
 >working sample how to modify a users vcard...

 sessionproxy.php doesn't yet handle our protocol's binary modes.  Look at
the existing modes (around line 147 or so) and it should be fairly obvious
what you have to do.  You can probably hack the binary modes into it in
about half an hour.

 I've been thinking about our PHP framework recently.  After the dust
settles down from some of the current projects, perhaps we ought to
rekindle the idea of using it for a more "traditional" "web forum" front
end.  We might even consider deciding which of the existing web forums is
the best and building an exact clone of it -- even to the point of
cribbing their stylesheets, so any themes they have available will work on
ours too.