Mon 16 Jul 2007 01:49:37 PM EDT from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I think we should have a uniq framework over there. Maybe we can configure-time enable your module, if people want it, they can add it, and it can stay in touch with ongoing development.

I can add the stuff to the autofoo.

I was looking for a centralized way to hook in an inbox notifier for webcit, thus i want it to be somewhat unified.

I allso don't like the verry solution specific name of that message collection queue...

I'm ok with configure-time enabling my code if people want to use it (and even contribute) then great, it'd make life easier for me if I could get it into the svn. Its not working yet mind you and I've a lot to do to get it there. Time availability has just been reduced as someone has decided to pay me more to work on a control system for a large refrigeration plant. I will be returning to the module when I've got spare time and once the control system project is done it will be my highest priority software project again (unless someone else comes along with more money).

I'll need to come up with a decent name for the module, at the moment its just called by my company name so I remember it easy.

I take it autofoo is autoconf and friends?

By inbox notifier I take it you are looking to add a module that will send something to webcit when new messages arrive and thus a hook to connect the module. Does the webcit protocol / connection methodology allow for pushing something to webcit (I'm not up on that at all)?

Do you mean the funambol queue?

Maybe it should be renamed the push message queue and created in the core system. Then modify the funambol stuff to process it, marking messages as read (or something) instead of deleting thus leaving it for other modules to look at. Then we'd need a method of deleting the messages from the queue after every possible module had seen them. It's starting to sound rather messy.

Why do you dislike its name, I don't see that its much different to the SMTP queue.

I'm meandering a bit here, kind of thinking out loud.