My apologies for the delay in getting back to this thread. I have been
exceptionally busy the past couple of weeks, as my wife went in to the
doctors office and got nuked. Right now, I am playing Mr. Mom to my three
kids and we're waiting for her return tomorrow evening. Cancer is a booger,
no matter what anyone says. We got lucky, and after they removed her thyroid,
found that it's all in one place so they can cure it.

Anyway, with that being said...

I like the approach... I really do. It makes sense. Cygwin is a
"compatibility layer" for Winchunks, or at least that is what they say. I've
noticed in some of the other apps that I have ported over that there have
been minor issues here and there. If we can update the installer to account
for it, that would be wonderful.

I've noticed, however, that the version of iCal does not want to compile
correctly. To get around the issue, I used the .31 version. I left the
versions of Expat, and LibSieve alone. While I was at it, I updated the
version of Berkley from 4.3.29.NC to 4.6.21.

I can keep up with the source tree for the citadel server itself, and
libcitadel but not for webcit. For some strange reason, there is an issue
with the version that is there. Anything past version .24 simply does not
work. I think that I have posted here and there about this before.
Essentially, there is a bug somewhere in the updates past the .24 version in
which webcit will establish a connection with the browser, and then open up a
connection to the citserver, and the citserver will see the connection come
in, but no response is sent back up the chain. I've dropped WireShark on the
connection and can see the request go through, but no response. For what it
is worth, the FreeBSD compile has the same bug. I've got a successful build
on that platform as well and will be uploading it to my site within the next
couple of days.

If you would like a FreeBSD 6.2 box to play around on, I can certainly setup
an SSH account for you on one of mine. At least that way, you can try out the
build and see the bug that I have been talking about.

A Windows service? Hey, sounds good to me... I am still working on the
installer. From within the installer, I can execute additional programs to
setup connections, shortcuts, and service entries. That would make it really
easy for Winblows users to install the app.