Glad to read the blog and be able to learn a lot.

On 8/12/21 8:06 PM, IGnatius T Foobar wrote:
Do you guys find it helpful and/or interesting that I sort of blog the details
of my development effort here?  I mostly do it to organize my thoughts but
it would be nice to know that someone is reading it.
WebCit Classic has a template engine that makes adding functionality even
more difficult than the old days when we simply did server-side rendering
of every page in raw C code.  It seemed like a good idea at the time but it
made things really difficult to maintain.  That's why I try not to poke around
in WebCit much ... it's not easy.
So tonight I began a new design pattern called "to hell with the template
engine".  I'm writing a configuration tab to edit the new Global Email Aliases
list, and I figured out that I can leverage a bit of code I wrote some number
of years ago to execute Citadel Server commands through an HTTP transaction.
  So I'm just going to use the design
pattern from WebCit-NG and do fetch/await right inside the browser.  Who knows
... maybe I can port these screens straight into WebCit-NG when the time comes.