I'm not surprised.  That code has seen a lot of tweaking by a number of people
and it could use some attention.

 The underlying data formats are at the front of my attention right now because
I'
 m writing a utility to convert a 32-bit database to 64-bit, and it's uncovering
a number of different issues.  One of them is that I finally figured out why
CDB_USETABLE is so huge, especially when it's compressed.  It turns out there's
a null terminator left off, so it writes a ton of data out to it, and it also
doesn't purge because the key doesn't match the data.  I may just have it
erase the whole thing, and tell people "sorry, you're gonna see some dupes
in your RSS feeds"

 Now off to GitLab...