On Mar 11, 2012, at 7:13 AM, cgut...@svn.reactos.org wrote:

> Author: cgutman
> Date: Sun Mar 11 11:13:15 2012
> New Revision: 56113

> Log:
> [HIVESYS]
> - Merge back many old changes from i386 to AMD64

The way we do hive INFs is very far from ideal right now. I propose to create a
base INF that is used to construct each hive and turning the hivexxx_arch.inf
into an additional section like livecd.inf is now. This way every architecture
inherits a base configuration and turning on/off services or changing certain
settings can be done in the arch-specific inf. This would eliminate having to
do these merge backs and also prevent tons of breakages and lost time in the
future from having to merge the same change 3+ times.

Regards,
Cameron