It is the policy of ReactOS that we should not provide a direct way to apps
to distinguish ros from Windows, as a means to avoid apps including hacks
that are ReactOS-specific, which would be really bad for the progress of
reactos in trying to become more and more compatible with Windows.

In that spirit, the same thing you do for Windows 2003 sp2, should work in
ros, and if it does not, then we have a compatibility problem in our hands,
that might need an issue report at our JIRA site ( https://jira.reactos.org/
)