Hi,

I'm using a 2-bit `bitfield' column to store Boolean properties. I've
read in docs [1] how to handle the conversion of BIT to TINYINT in
mySQL. It worked fine, however I'm having troubles manipulating
bitfield column.

Intuitively, I try to change the flags this way:
   $this->flags->Bit_On(0);
   print STDERR "Bits: " . $this->flags->to_Bin();
However, the debug output shows me that the bit is not set.

Then I tried to change it this way:
   my $v = $this->flags;
   $v->Bit_On(0);
   $this->flags($v);
The debug output is as expected but when I save the object in
database, I see that flags column is updated with default value (00)

Am I missing something obvious? I can provide self-contained test upon request.

--Svi

[1]
http://search.cpan.org/~jsiracusa/Rose-DB-Object-0.601/lib/Rose/DB/Object/Metadata.pm#Detail