On 2/27/06 10:13 PM, Rob Kinyon wrote:
> On 2/27/06, John Siracusa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On 2/27/06 8:05 PM, Ron Savage wrote:
>>> Line 263 says:
>>>     die "MySQL version too old"  unless($version =~ /^4\./);
>>>
>>> Now that MYSQL V 5 is supported, I think that check needs to be fixed.
>>
>> Drat, thought I got all those.  Fixed in SVN now.  Thanks.
>
> You might want to consider using version.pm which handles vstrings very
> nicely.

It's not that kind of version :)  It's the database version:
$dbh->get_info(18)  I've already got my own (private, for now)
database_version() method in Rose::DB to abstract that ugliness and let me
do simple numeric comparisons.  That regex stuff in the test suite is
left-over from before I added database_version().

-John