On 22 Jun 2007 at 10:03, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> On 6/22/07, Michael Lackhoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thanks for the hint! This almost did it. Some tests showed that I had
> > to use the connection-variant of pnotes in my setup:
> >
> > use Apache2::ConnectionUtil;
> > # grab the connection object;
> > my $c = $r->connection;
>
> You really shouldn't need to do that.  What made you think $r->pnotes
> wasn't working?

I didn't get a result. Within the authentication handler I stuffed an
object (or even a simple string) into $r->pnotes and tried to write it
to the logfile from the authorization handler but it was empty, the
same test worked with $c->pnotes.
There is quite a lot going on behind the scenes in my setup. It is a
CGI::Application that is called from CGI::Application::Dispatch (the
actual handler for the location), then there is Apache2::AuthCookie
that calls a login script if needed.
I must admit that I don't understand all the inner workings between
these components but it looks as if not everything is handled within
the same request.
I would like to learn more, so if you have some ideas what I could try,
I am thankful for every idea and insight that impoves my understanding.
(Perhaps off list because it seems to be more of a mod_perl problem
rather than RDBO)

Cheers
Michael