On 8/15/07 10:08 PM, Graham Barr wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2007, at 7:56 PM, John Siracusa wrote:
>> The only dbh attributes that get set in init_dbh() after the
>> DBI->connect() call are the ones that don't (apparently?) work if
>> passed as connect options.
>
> You are right, sorry.
>
> It is DBI->connect that is setting all the attributes to the
> requested values.

So how am I supposed to avoid setting those attributes if the only way I can
tell if I've gotten a cached $dbh is to call connect() to get a $dbh!? :)

I suppose I could try to call connect() with no options, then set all the
connect options after the connect...but IIRC some options can only be set on
connect.  Maybe just special-case AutoCommit?

-John