On Feb 8, 2008 1:43 PM, John Siracusa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     * Caching of db objects during mod_perl server start-up is now turned
>       off by default, with new API to turn it back on and do the necessary
>       pre-fork clean-up that this entails.  This change solved a segmentation
>       fault problem triggered in DBD::Informix when database handles created
>       in the parent were not properly disconnected prior to the first fork of
>       the apache process.

You will probably have to close the handles before forking, or at last
set InactiveDestroy, no matter which database you're using.  Even if
you never use those handles again, they will eventually time out and
may break your new handles on the server side when they do.  I've seen
this happen in forking code with MySQL handles.

- Perrin