On 10/15/2016 10:47 AM, Aere Greenway wrote:
> The version of Rosegarden in the Ubuntu repository for release 16.10 has
> not worked on every machine I have so far tested it on (both 64-bit, and
> 32-bit).
>
> The Rosegarden versios is 16.06 "Rhapsody In Blue" (as I recall).
>
> It crashes the first time you attempt to load a file (leaving it
> locked), but thereafter can load successfully other files (after
> re-loading Rosegarden).
>
> But when you go to play the loaded sequence, the position in the
> sequence does not advance.
>
> I can set the position within the sequence, and hit the play button, and
> the notes there will start playing, but never end.
>
> The transport window shows fractions of the current beat changing, but
> the position never moves.

I noticed the same problem with the '.rg' files I normally test, with on
the same version of Rosegarden I got from the Debian repository.

However, it had no problem loading and playing another sequence ('.rg'
file).

It appears to be something related to the files I've been using for
testing (I use them because they really load-down the system).  I have
used them successfully for testing Rosegarden in all past Ubuntu releases.

I will investigate this problem further, and let you all know what I find.

--
Sincerely,
Aere