On 09/12/2016 01:48 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better to assume the lesser complexity (5 flats rather
> than 7 sharps)?

Transpose up, go for sharps.  Transpose down, go for flats.  That's the
usual idea.

Transposed how?  There might be a dozen different ways.

So let's just look at the problem this way.  I have a blurb in C I want
to put in Db.  Can I do that?

Segment -> Add Key Change -> diddle controls...  works fine.

Adjust -> Transpose -> Transpose by interval... only works after
manually selecting all events, does not change key signature, but works
fine otherwise.

Segment -> Transpose by interval...  This yields the weird result you
described.  Sharp key signature, mixture of flat and sharp accidentals.
Pretty much all to hell.

Stuff like this interests me but I am drowning in work right now.  My
advice is to use what works and skip what's broken for the time being.

--
D. Michael McIntyre