Hi Stefan,

I always use ZynAddSubfx as I don't get how to work with Timidity. I like the sounds and find it easy to work with.

Dave

On 2/25/11 6:41 AM, Stefan Thomas wrote:
Dear community,
since 2 days I hear nothing, when I use the timidity sythesicer in combination with the rosegarden sequencer.
First I start midi with

    modprobe snd-seq-device &
    modprobe snd-seq-midi &
    modprobe snd-seq-oss &
    modprobe snd-seq-midi-event &
    modprobe snd-seq &
    timidity -iA -B2,8 -Os1l -s 44100 &

Then I start rosegarden.
When I type aconnect -i iget:

    client 0: 'System' [Typ=Kernel]
        0 'Timer           '
        1 'Announce        '
    Client 14: 'Midi Through' [Typ=Kernel]
        0 'Midi Through Port-0'
    Client 24: 'UM-1' [Typ=Kernel]
        0 'UM-1 MIDI 1     '
    Client 130: 'rosegarden' [Typ=User]
        1 'sync out        '
        2 'external controller'
        3 'out 1 - General MIDI Device'

And for aconnect -o I get:
Client 14: 'Midi Through' [Typ=Kernel]
    0 'Midi Through Port-0'
Client 24: 'UM-1' [Typ=Kernel]
    0 'UM-1 MIDI 1     '
Client 128: 'TiMidity' [Typ=User]
    0 'TiMidity port 0 '
    1 'TiMidity port 1 '
    2 'TiMidity port 2 '
    3 'TiMidity port 3 '
Client 129: 'TiMidity' [Typ=User]
    0 'TiMidity port 0 '
    1 'TiMidity port 1 '
    2 'TiMidity port 2 '
    3 'TiMidity port 3 '
Client 130: 'rosegarden' [Typ=User]
    0 'record in       '
    2 'external controller'
But when I type, e.g. aconnect 130:3 129:0 I can't get sound. I also tried it with all the other timidity-ports, bu without sucess. The only way to get sound is to use one of the dssi-plugins (e.g. hexter). I should mention that I use version 10.02 of rosegarden, on a xubuntu maverick meerkat machine.

Free Software Download: Index, Search&  Analyze Logs and other IT data in