On Tuesday, October 11, 2011, Angus Kerr wrote:

> Sorry that your new life is brutal.

On the bright side, I found another job, and quit that one.  I hated it there.

> I have a very simple (potential) solution to the repeat problem. You
> already have a 'Lilypond directive' text in the notation editor.

> ...Why not make it a 'free' text entry, so if the user wanted to do a repeat
> with a first and second time bar, for example...

It wouldn't be difficult to implement something like that, but I would expect
it to prove almost impossible to use.  The chances of winding up with your
custom LilyPond text snippet fitting in the right place, syntactically, are
very poor.  The existing LilyPond hacks are already quite difficult to
control, and they don't even require terribly precise placement in the event
stream.

On the bright side, we've made some progress on this front since May, and it
looks like Rosegarden might come up with a real solution to these problems
instead of a hack.  Possibly.  I wouldn't hold my breath or anything, but it
looks somewhat promising.
--
D. Michael McIntyre