On Tuesday, May 08, 2012, j...@it-he.org wrote:

> Is it possible to disable this behaviour by default?

No, but please do experiment and see how you fare.  The theory is you should
only experience the minor inconvenience of having to go set a bunch of things
from 'auto' to 'fixed' and you should be on your merry way.

The core changes involved in this are deeply rooted and all but impossible to
revert at this point, but I'm definitely interested in use cases like yours,
and if it turns out this new work is completely throwing you under a bus,
we'll have to figure out some practical accommodation, and we will.