I'd like to point out that my examples are broken again.

Track 9 should in all cases be a second drum track. But it comes up as
a non-percussion track in the wrong key instead.

I do this to make the notation more manageable since cymbals and
hi-hat are all notated as sharp notes whereas kick, snare and toms are
all naturals. This arrangement used to work in earlier versions of RG
but now it doesn't. Not actually sure if this is an issue with RG or
Fluidsynth.

In any case, changing track 9 so that it uses instrument 10 fixes the problem.

Sorry if I seem to be so persistently anal about a few example tunes,
but since the tunes are in C major, E minor and G minor having some
repetitive notes banging away in B major really does create a godawful
cacophony.