On 29/09/12 05:20, k...@trixtar.org wrote:

> In the notation editor, how can I delete/remove/erase a rest the same way I
> would do a note,

Well.. answer is, you can't really. That is the rest the default
'silence' when no notes are present. If you have deleted notes and are
left with multiple e.g. 1/4 rests you can collapse them with the Adjust
 > Rests menu.

or complete measures for that matter?

That's also not possible from the notation editor... The only thing you
can do is shorten/lengthen a segment from the Segment menu.

Another operation which might 'delete' complete measures is "Cut and
close" which will cut the notes in a measure but also delete the space
where they where (basiclly plulling back everything that follows). This
however will leave empty space at the end of the segment.

All real manipulation of measures is done in the main window through
segment editing.

Unfortunately this is a shortcoming of all sequencers (all the linux
sequencers I know of) using the 'segment' (aka clip) paradigm which, for
example, cubase used and is indeed sometimes limiting.

Lorenzo.