Well didn't think it would start such conceited exchanges. I must admit
I often do weird non-standard stuff such as connecting Rosegarden to Pd
(through alsa-midi) and trying out stuff.

Morale: I guess I can live with the no channel changes during playback
and can see the drawbacks Al underlines, while see the need as most seem
to agree with for Program changes.

Sorry for the noise (this started 2 days before my conservatoire thesis
discussion last week and I was probably in somewhat of a "panic" state).

Anyway happy to see the rg community is active and alive! :)

Lorenzo.