On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 00:03:14 -0500
Jim Cochrane <m_l-...@business.jimcochrane.info> wrote:

<snip>

> I'm not aware if RG has some other mechanism for program control (such
> as, say, a socket listening for incoming connections and requests), but
> I suspect it doesn't.  That would probably be a cleaner way to
> implement the functionality I'm looking for; but I suspect it would be
> a good deal of work.
>
> Comments?
>

> Thanks.
> Jim

This is similar to something I've wanted for a while (but didn't want to
distract people with).

There is no Record-Pause in Rosegarden. This was something I found very useful
in the sequencer I had on my old Acorn Archimedes. Rather like an old tape
recorder when you hit 'Record' recording was enabled but the transport not
activated. You then hit 'Play' for the transport, and at any time you could hit
the 'Pause' button. Hitting 'Stop' not only stopped the transport, but also
took it out of recording mode.

Also, isn't there a MIDI run/stop signal of some sort?.

Worth considering?

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk