On 02/11/12 21:22, Delpistroumph wrote:
> Sorry for delay, I've did some tests
>
> Le 23/10/2012 19:48, D. Michael McIntyre a écrit :
>> On 10/23/2012 09:26 AM, Delpistroumph wrote:
>>
>>> So I guess it's rosegaden that don't play the good flow rate.
>> Is Rosegarden fast, slow, or simply irregular?
> Not irregular, a little to slow.
> Comparing to ardour, the best result is to set 120.023bpm.
>
> An example here: http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1351887474.png
> I've tested different type of synchronization between rosegarden and
> ardour but always same result.

I think this is simply due to the fact that Rosegarden just uses MIDI to
'play' the metronome and so you're experiencing midi and audio latency.

Here is an example of recording ardour's click (first track) and
Rosegarden's metronome through fluidsynth GM soundfont with fluidsymth.
Jack at 44.100 sampling rate and 128 Frames/Period

http://snag.gy/PBgJi.jpg

There is a slight delay in the 'rosegarden' metronome of about 6
milliseconds.

But I guess actual delays would vary quite a bit depending on the
system, midi source being used etc.

If you don't want to start up Ardour to have a metronome, there are some
independent metronome applications. A nice one is kilick which is jack
and jack-trasport aware.

Lorenzo.