On 12/10/2012 01:48 PM, Henry W. Peters wrote:

> I just downloaded 12.12 from SVN. Installed it... An "upgrade" from
> previous version, & voila, RG won't recognize my midi/audio device...
> Qjackctl does... (& it (RG) did before) what to do?

What device is it?  I've never seen a problem like this.  If it shows up
under the ALSA MIDI tab in QJackCtl (I think it just says "ALSA") then
it should show up in Rosegarden too.

Rosegarden recognizing the audio side of things is a direct function of
whether jackd is running or not, and the hardware is JACK's problem.

In any case, if it was working with an older Rosegarden, it's just hard
to imagine why it wouldn't be working now.  The MIDI connection stuff
hasn't changed in ages, I don't think.  Maybe I'm forgetting something.
  Maybe some patch I forgot about had unintended consequences or something.

Software, you gotta love it.
--
D. Michael McIntyre