On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM, si...@mindsnack.net <si...@mindsnack.net> wrote:

> I was using rosegarden for years now, and liked the feature, that you could
> click on a note of the
> piano roll in the matrix editor, and hear that note over a midi device. Or
> the same for using the pc-
> keyboard as a piano-keyboard.
>
> Since the last update, I don't hear anything there. Midi notes are sent
> only, if they have been edited
> in the matrix editor. But not by just clicking piano roll notes or pressing
> keyboard keys.
>
> Do you have the same experience? I hope this feature was not just thrown
> out.

It should still work in all of the latest versions of RG. I use the
piano roll extensively and this feature is most definitely still
there. Check that your MIDI channel for the track isn't set to 'auto'
if it was previously set to a specific channel, it should be set to
'fixed' and a specific MIDI channel. This can cause some unexpected
results.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
it would overturn the world."