I tried to add a new device from the Studio > Manage MIDI devices to be
used with fluisynth soundfont, and noticed I was lacking the ability to
change program (only channel). So I went back into the studio and found
out the bank editing window is unusable as per submitted bug:

https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/bugs/1384/

Now, I guess can live without the General Midi programme names, as I
pretty know all the instruments since about the 1990s, so my question
is: why if a MIDI device is lacking a bank mapping, can't one just edit
back and program changes numerically (0-127)?
Is it also simply a bug or is there some reason?

Thanks,
Lorenzo.