On 09/09/2013 01:31 PM, Tom Breton (Tehom) wrote:

> That decision was before my time, but the code suggests no.

That's an interesting legacy.  When that code in what is now
RosegardenDocument.cpp says "got Program Change (unsupported)," it ain't
just whistling Dixie.  It really was totally unsupported when that was
written.

We have a ProgramChange now, and it's probably pretty trivial to figure
out how to hook it up here.  Bank changes probably work, since we don't
have a direct and tidy way to handle them, and they come through as just
another random generic controller.  Program changes either are special
or they're set apart as being special (I forget which), hence they would
have needed special handing that never came into being.

I don't have time to do this just at the moment, being awake some five
hours past my bedtime, but this would be a good feature request to
honor.  I can't see how this is controversial or potentially damaging,
and it shouldn't be terribly difficult to implement either, so it looks
like a good win can be had here.
--
D. Michael McIntyre