> I am trying to use Rosegarden under Linux on a small netbook-type
> computer.  The window title bar, menu bar, tool bar, tempo and chord
> rulers, lower status/zoom area, and my windowing system's "dock" all
> consume vertical space, leaving only about a third of the screen's
> vertical dimension for the "matrix" area of the matrix editor.

Some of those can be turned off in the "View" menu, giving you more space.

Sorry, no idea about auto-scroll.  At first I thought you were talking
about the autoscroll that follows the playback - that's easily turned off
from the tool bar - but it appears you're talking about something else,
how the screen tries to recenter when you move to the edge.  I don't know.

        Tom Breton (Tehom)